Get Ready for Capital Vélo Fest on June 2 & 3, 2012
All you bike lovers in Ottawa.
Hopefully I could come out and take my bike to this event on June 2-3, 2012.
June 2 - Ottawa City Hall from 11am to 5pm with the Bike Rodeo then Tour La Nuit from 5pm to 11pm.
June 3 - Brantwood Park from 10:00am -1:00pm then Kitchissippi : 6pm
Here is a info about them which I got from their site:
Incorporated in March, 2011, Capital Vélo Fest Inc. is a non-profit corporation based in Ottawa, Ontario with the mission to “Inspire people of all ages to ride a bike more often”.
All day activities on June 2nd 11:00am-5:00pm
- Bicycle polo. Play or just watch the excitement
- Helmet fitting. Ottawa Public Health will check your helmet and recommend any required adjustments.
- Bicycle contests and games for kids and adults, including : bike jousting; slow races; backwards races; bike limbo
- Practice your on-street bicycle safety on an off-street course with CanBike instructors providing instructions and guidance
- A bike trade show : bike stores, bike services, bike products with the latest in bikes and gear
- Vintage bicycle display. Bikes and bike posters from the past.
- Meet Thor, Carleton University’s bicycle crash test dummy.
- Bike decorating. Beautify your bike and light it up for the Tour La Nuit!
- Get your bike tuned. Have you bike looked at by experienced mechanics and minor adjustments made.
- Cycling commuting tips from local cycling advocacy groups and clubs
- Food and drinks. Including the opportunity to make your own delicious fruit smoothie powered by a bicycle!
Scheduled activities on June 2nd
- 12pm: Cycling workshop – Human Powered Vehicle Operators of Ottawa will provide instructions on how to light up your bike for fun and brilliance.
- 12:30pm : A recreational ride, touring the Ottawa region, led by Kanata Nepean Bicycle Club. Approximately 25km.Sign up at the Capital Vélo Fest tent on site by 12:15 to participate. Bring your own bike.
- 12:00 – 3:00pm : Learn to use the OC Transpo Rack ‘n Roll Bus in a safe environment
- 1:00pm : Cycling workshop – Mountain Equipment Co-op will provide tips and practical suggestions on cycling commuting
- 1:45pm : Bruce Timmermans Award Ceremony
- 3:00pm : Ottawa Velo Vogue Cycling Fashion show, displaying current clothing and accessories in practical style
- 4:00pm : Cycling Workshop – Joe Mamma Cycles will provide instructions on simple bike maintenance and repair
- 5:00pm : Prize draws. Fill out a ballot during the day for an opportunity to win one of several great prizes from the participating organizations. You do not have to be present to win but will be notified afterwards if your name is drawn.
Activities on June 3rd
10am – 1pm Brantwood Park (Near club house on Onslow Cres.):
- Come and decorate your bike with the help of Mrs. Tiggy Winkles
- Play some cycling games
- Practice your safe cycling skills with CanBike
- Minor bike tune-up by experienced mechanics
- Community ride along the canal on the Sunday bikeway
- Ride the Ottawa River Shared Pathway from your neighbourhood to the Inukshuks
For more info check on the Capital Vélo Festival’s site.