Photos from Pecha Kucha Ottawa #7
Went to my first Pecha Kucha Ottawa on December 4th.
Since I heard about this event through word of mouth and social media.
So why not check it out and good thing I did go since I know two people there presenting their stuff.
The event took place at Shopify.
Here is a what this event does.
Pecha Kucha is an event for creatives of all kinds to meet, show work and share ideas spontaneously and casually, using a presentation format of 20 slides which are shown for 20 seconds each. Pecha Kucha Night is all about interaction, direct feedback, eye contact and excitement.
Adding that ephemeral, yet essential haptic experience which simply cannot be communicated any other way.
On the seventh edition of Pecha Kucha, the speakers were:
- Jesse Dangerously who is genuine Indie Rap Legend
- A. Megan Turnbull who is Artist and Director
Cara Tierney | Multi-disciplinary Artist
- Martin Canning of OttawaDNA
- Simon Guibord of Graphic Designer and Musician
- Serena Ngai & Nicole Belanger of Girl Develop It + Ladies Learning Code
- Lee Ann Farruga of Steampunk Canada
- Travis Boisvenue who is a Film maker and Journalist
- Sonya Ocampo-Gooding of Sheela-na-gig
- Justyna Baraniecki who is a Fashion Stylist & Art Director
- Adam Brown who is an artist