SPAO Exhibition No. 8 Portfolio Show + Artist Talks [Vernissage April 19, 2013]
Ottawa’s School of the Photographic Arts (SPAO as it’s called) will be holding their annual portfolio show.
The vernissage will be on April 19th but the whole showing will run until April 26th.
This is their 8th year doing this!
Seems to be a very popular event to check out!
Here is a blurb on the event.
A compelling collection of photographic work by SPAO Portfolio students. This year’s exhibition pays tribute to classic photographic processes and explores nature and the environment, identity and self-discovery, and contemporary social issues, among other themes.
This exceptional and diverse exhibition of photographic achievement includes exhibition prints, bound photographic portfolios, and video.
Exhibition No. 8 is accompanied by Framed: In and Around the Photograph, a group exhibition on view at SPAO’s Redwall Gallery.
On my radio show every Mondays from 3pm-4pm.
Also from April 20th – 23rd.
There will be a artist talk from each photographer.
Here are the details:
Saturday, April 20th
- 1:00pm – Steph Masters and Jessie Park-Wheeler: Painting with Light
- 1:45 – Blair Smith: Polaroid Transfers and Emulsion Lifts
Sunday, April 21st
- 1:00 – Sarah Anderson: Photodocumentary: Fort Myers, a Visual Survey
- 1:30 – Reena Kokotailo: Portfolio: Small Prayers to the Gods of Change
- 2:00 – Dante Penman: Alternate Process: Lumen Printing
Tuesday, April 23rd
- 1:00 – Valérie Mercier: Process: Little Objects of Chaos
- 1:30 – Matthew Merle Bula: Scene and Set Design
- 2:00 – Nicholas Wojtas: Portfolio: Triptych: Identity