This Saturday should be a great day in Ottawa.
For those not aware about our lovely city.
613 is Ottawa’s area code hence June being the 6th month.
Since people have called Ottawa a “boring” city.
Why not make it a change and let people know what to do for this unofficial day to call “613 Day”.
Encourage anyone to do a pop-up impromptu BBQs/day parties something for the family and friends.
Pending the weather, let’s hoping for something great!
For what I have gathered up.
Here is a list of what to do this Saturday (If I forgotten something please make a comment):
- Ottawa Makers Market FREE from 10am – 3pm on 715 Cooper St
- Ottawa Showbox Day Summer BBQ at Mugshots
12pm – 6pm FREE!
- the ottawa small press fair, spring 2015 edition at Jack Purcell Centre
12pm – 5pm
- Porch View Dances from 2pm-3pm. Part of the Canada Dance Festival
- Ottawa Just For Cats Festival.
- Live Jazz! at Mugshots at 9pm
- Jackpine 613 Day Sunet BBQ party at 6:13pm!
- First night of WESTFEST featuring performances by Sarah Harmer, Craig Cardiff, Rae Spoon and many more.
Went to my first BrewDonkey tour.
If you don’t know what BrewDonkey is, they are a brewery tour operator, highlighting the Ottawa Valley and beyond.
This tour will feature a two breweries, a brewpub and an on bus education session on craft beer and the Ottawa beer scene. This tour will also feature an on bus guided game of Cards Against Humanity.
The breweries I went were:
Covered Bridge Brewing Company
Ashton Brewing Company
I definitely had a great time.
Click on the bottom photos taken from the tour.
Want to know how to knit?
Come out to the first Knitting social at 704 Somerset St which is at Jackpine.
Bring yarn or knitting stuff hanging around for sharing/swapping.
Knit and crochet away!!
Feel free to invite anyone who is seriously interested.